Looking for some snack ideas? Here are some that I love…
- Chicharrones. Who needs potato chips when you can have crispy bits of pork skin. Most of the time the ingredients are just pork and salt. Be careful, though. They’re highly addictive and you may need to ration them. We do in our house!
- Kale Chips. Yet another conduit for crispy, salty goodness. Plus, I love kale! Emily shared this delicious looking Dorito-inspired kale chip recipe (complete with a picture of her adorable place settings). Enjoy!
- Nori rolls. This is a great way to have a hearty snack or a light lunch. I like to play around with different types of vegetables for crunch and freshness, although it is hard to go wrong with cucumber, carrot sticks, and green onions.
- Paleo “sundae“ or deconstructed sundae. Essentially, a nice little fat snack of coconut, nuts, and some dried fruit. Perfect for mid-afternoon hunger pangs.
- Ants on a log. Relive your sleep away camp days with celery, nut butter of your choice, and some raisins. Or, if you’re a raisin-hater, just do celery + nut butter.
- In a similar vein, try an apple and nuts/nut butter. It’s hard to go wrong with this combination! The apple is a nice dose of sweetness in a snack, with some nuts to keep you satiated.
What are your favorite snacks?