The end of this week marks the halfway point of the Whole Life Challenge! How are you guys doing?
Hopefully you’ve been trying new recipes and new vegetables and generally enjoying things without too much stress. This week, we’re back to breakfast casseroles; this one from Multiply Delicious is a new favorite. The larger pan makes it cook more evenly, and the addition of the green onions adds a nice overall flavor.
Clockwise, from top left, recipes (and photos) are:
- Stovetop Pork Carnitas from The Clothes Make the Girl
- Unrolled Cabbage Casserole from Health-Bent (omit sugar)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Black Beans and Chili Dressing from Mark Bittman (black beans optional)*
- Make Ahead Salmon with Green Beans from Stuff I Make My Husband
- Breakfast Casserole from Multiply Delicious (x2)
- Lemon Chicken from Annie’s Eats
Side Dish/Meal Suggestions
We eat the pork carnitas on top of some thinly sliced/shredded cabbage topped with some avocado (or guacamole) and a hefty serving of sweet potato salad. I’d round out the salmon packets with some mashed cauliflower and the lemon chicken with some roasted spaghetti squash and some broccoli or a side salad.
Remember to add anything else you might want to the WLC 2013 Week 4 Grocery List!
Print out your recipes and:
- Chop all of your veggies for your recipes, and any veggies you want to store for easy access during the week (for example, some extra sliced cabbage, or celery and carrot sticks to snack on). Measure out your spices and get your recipes ready to go.
- Prep your marinade for the Lemon Chicken and get chicken marinating in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and make the Unrolled Cabbage Casserole.
- In the large stock pot in which you boiled your cabbage, start your Stovetop Pork Carnitas simmering.
- While the cabbage casserole is cooking, assemble your Make-Ahead Salmon packets. Put them in the freezer; take them out 24 hours before you want to cook them for dinner.
- Turn up the oven to 375 and make your Breakfast Casserole (make 2 if you are prepping for 2 people for all week!). While that’s cooking, roast your spaghetti squash, too!
- Turn the oven up to 400 and roast your sweet potato and red onions. While that’s baking, whip together the dressing and set aside in a small jar or Tupperware container.
- Turn up the oven to 425 and make your Lemon Chicken. Clean up dishes and any mess while that’s baking, and get food ready to go for the week.
- Eat your chicken with some spaghetti squash and broccoli and relax!
Here are the WLC 2013 Week 4 Prep Day Instructions if you want them printed out.
Hope you enjoy!
*Note: Sweet potato image (#3) is from The Red Spoon Blog!