Today’s recipe comes courtesy of Seth. Enjoy!
Drunken Italian Sausages & Quinoa
- 5 links of Italian Sausage (typical of an entire 1lb package).
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic (minced)
- 4 cups of red wine
- 1 whole yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- Bring quinoa to a boil in 1 cup of water, then cover and simmer until all water is gone (about 8-10 minutes)
- Coat a small baking dish with the olive oil and then lay the sausages in the dish
- Add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms
- Layer everything with the minced garlic
- Fill the dish with the wine
- Place the dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Flip the sausages halfway through.
After cooking, I sliced the sausages and served everything over the quinoa. There was a leftover gravy from the wine and other ingredients which I ladled over the quinoa. Great meal for 2-3 people, and reheated well the next day!