Here’s another Blue Apron adaptation! Enjoy!
Curried Pork & Green Beans
Adapted from Blue Apron
Serves 3 (or 2 hungry people…or 4 light eaters…)
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2″ piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 sprigs Thai basil, leaves picked from stems and coarsely chopped
- 6-8 oz. green beans (I used the pre-washed bag of French green beans from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 10 oz. ground pork (or chicken or turkey if you don’t do pork!)
- 1 T. red curry paste (Thai kitchen) + dash of turmeric, and curry powder to taste (OR 2 T. yellow curry paste)
- 1/2 c. water
- salt and pepper
- Rice (make separately)
Pulling it all together
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium/medium-high heat. Once warm, add the onion, garlic, ginger, chile, and kaffir lime leaf. Cook 3-5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground pork and season with salt and pepper (a few pinches of both). Break pork up with a spoon/spatula and cook, 5-6 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Stir in yellow curry paste (or red curry paste) and cook for 30-60 seconds or until well combined. Add the half cup water and the green beans. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low, simmering 2-3 minutes or until everything is well combined.
- Taste and add turmeric, curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve over rice and sprinkle chopped basil leaves on top. Enjoy!