This. Is. Delicious.
We’ve been eating a ton of rice lately, mainly because it’s super easy to make in one batch and then use as a base for more flavorful toppings. Plus, I just love rice. We have a giant bag of Thai Jasmine rice from Costco and have made a serious dent in it over the past few months.
This coconut rice is a great way to make a savory accompaniment with a slight hint of sweetness.
- 1-1/2 c. Thai Jasmine rice
- 1 c. coconut milk (full fat)
- 1-1/4 c. water
- black sesame seeds (optional)
- Put rice, coconut milk, water, and a hefty pinch of salt in a large pot and stir to combine. Turn burner on high and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes. When finished, uncover and remove from heat. Fluff with a fork and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
- When serving, sprinkle with black sesame seeds for fun!