Yet another fancy dessert from Becky B. sure to impress both WLC participants and others.
Becky says, “I think this one may have been my favorite in its deceptive quality to look almost like the real thing and be just as delicious!”
Banana-Walnut Cream Tart
Adapted from Rawmazing Desserts by Susan Powers
Makes: 4-6 large tarts or 12-15 mini tarts
- 1 1/2 cups Walnuts
- 1 cup Brazil Nuts
- 5 Medjool Dates, pitted and soaked until soft
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Pulse walnuts and Brazil nuts in food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Dry excess water from dates, chop, and add to the food processor with coconut butter. Add egg and coconut flour. Process until well blended.
- Press into 4-inch tart shells or 2-inch tart shells. Crust should be 1/4-inch thick all around.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool before filling.
- 2 cups Cashews, soaked at least 3 hours
- 1 cup unsweeted coconut chips
- 1/4 cup Coconut Water (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lemon Juice –
- 1/4 cup Stevia (powder not liquid)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ripe Bananas, 1 whole and 1 sliced (slice right before using to prevent browning)
- Process cashews, coconut flakes, and coconut water in food processor until well blended.
- Add lemon juice, Stevia, coconut butter, vanilla extract, and one banana. Continue to process until light, fluffy, and very well processed.
- Transfer to bowl and add second banana, sliced. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, spoon into crusts. Sprinkle with dried coconut and any leftover crust mixture. Top with chocolate frosting.
- 1 cup Coconut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 7 ounces Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons Stevia (powder not liquid)
- (optional) coconut milk
- Melt coconut butter and coconut oil and add to food processor with vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Process to combine.
- Add Stevia and process to combine. Chocolate should be quite liquid at this point but it will harden as it cools.
- Note: If needed for smoother drizzly consistency add 1/4 cup coconut milk or water to achieve desired consistency.
- Drizzle over tarts filled with Banana Cream filling. Enjoy!