By some miracle, I know what day the Super Bowl is this year. Which means, I have enough advance notice to give you some WLC-approved Super Bowl snack ideas. Because, let’s be honest, whether you’re a football fanatic, are just in it for the commercials, or are only there to hang out with friends, food is always around at Super Bowl parties. While there is no WLC or paleo booze, you can at least eat well without feeling like you’re missing out.
Here are a few ideas…
While you could always go for a veggie tray and some hummus, keep things interesting with these ideas…
- Doritos Kale Chips
- Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Fries from Health-Bent
- Smoky Pear and Bacon Bites from The Clothes Make the Girl
(Wo)man can’t live on chips and dip and bacon alone, however. Plus, what’s the Super Bowl without wings and meat?
- Pineapple Stuffed Chorizo Meatballs
- Buffalo Wings from Alton Brown (WLC and paleo-friendly as long as you use the right hot sauce, such as Crystal)
- Make sliders or burgers using grilled portobello mushrooms as buns, like this recipe from Ripped Recipes
Don’t like the idea of sweet and spicy meatballs? (You’re missing out, but that’s your call…) Try the following instead:
- Asian meatballs from Nom Nom Paleo
- Tex-Mex meatballs from The Urban Poser
- Greek meatballs from Health-Bent
For more tasty finger food ideas, check out this great post from Melissa Joulwan at The Clothes Make the Girl.