Another crockpot recipe to add to the arsenal! We’ve had a bag of dehydrated wild mushrooms sitting in the pantry for awhile (thankfully, no hallucinations ensued) and another half container of button mushrooms slowly showing their age in the fridge. Combine mushrooms with some ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and broth, and you have a delicious chicken dish that takes about 10 minutes to pull together.
Crockpot Ginger Chicken
Adapted from about.com
- 2# skinless chicken pieces (I used 4 chicken legs)
- 3-4 cups sliced mushrooms of choice (we had less and would have LOVED more)
- 2 c. chicken broth
- thumb size piece ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T. coconut aminos
- 1 T. fish sauce
- scant 1/2 t. shrimp paste
- 1 red chile pepper, minced (optional)
- Combine everything except for chicken and mushrooms in crock pot. Stir to combine. Nestle in chicken pieces and top with mushrooms.
- Cook 3-4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Serve with a side of (cauliflower) rice and stir fried veggies of choice!