Also known as “what can I do with these things in my refrigerator/freezer”? A few minutes with a kinfe, a quick zap of some frozen cauliflower in the microwave, and some skillet time yielded a tasty side for just about any meal. We ate this for breakfast because I like to get a little crazy with my breakfast foods, but it would be great with some grilled chicken or salmon for dinner.
Quick Curry Cauliflower
- 1 T. bacon fat or coconut oil
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chile pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tomato, cored and diced
- 1/2 T. curry powder
- small handful cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Once hot, add onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown around the edges.
- While the onion cooks, microwave the cauliflower in an oven safe dish for about 3 minutes (don’t add water!). You want it to be defrosted but not really heated all the way through – firm and slightly cool to the touch is the goal.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the garlic and chile pepper to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about a minute. The garlic should be fragrant but not burnt.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through. Then add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for another minute or two.
- Add the curry powder and stir to combine. Taste for salt/heat (your curry powder may or may not have salt in it, be careful here!) and season to taste. Mix in cilantro and remove from heat. Enjoy with your protein of choice!