Here are some recipes that should feed 2 adults for 5 days, with room for some leftovers and flexibility (emergency protein is included in the grocery list to be able to throw together a quick salad if necessary!). Normally, I do my shopping on Saturday or Sunday and Sunday is my big cook up day for the rest of the week. If your schedule is different than mine, adjust accordingly.
A few notes: For any ingredient, READ the labels, as not all brands will be WLC compliant. If a recipe contains a non-compliant ingredient, I just generally omit it and try to note where that occurs.
This week’s recipes (and photos) are:
- Savory Breakfast Casserole from PaleOMG
- Herb Spinach Chicken Burgers from PaleOMG
- Marvelous Meatballs from Everyday Paleo
- Slow Cooker Cheater Pork Stew from Nom Nom Paleo
As sides, I suggest baked sweet potatoes with the chicken burgers and roasted spaghetti squash with the meatballs. Both of these suggestions are reflected in the grocery list.
When you head to the store, add any other items you might want to the WLC Week 1 Grocery List!
Morning of or night before:
Make your meatballs (omit honey) and put them in the slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Roast your spaghetti squash.
- Make the herb spinach chicken burgers and caramelize the onions (you are making 1.5x the original recipe).
- Put together your savory breakfast casserole (omit hot sauce – sub 1/4 t. cayenne if desired) and bake.
- Wash the lettuce (place in plastic bag), pre chop any veggies you might want throughout the week in a quick side salad, and chop the veggies for your slow cooker cheater pork stew. You can either slow cook that now, overnight, or in a day or two. Your call!
- Roast your sweet potatoes.
- Clean the kitchen, turn your oven off, and store your food (pre-pack your lunch if you are so inclined!).
- Dig into a big bowl of spaghetti squash with meatballs or chow down on a chicken burger with a baked sweet potato for dinner.